Region 19

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Region 19

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:09 pm Can’t wait till the Tigers wear out a team that the posters consider worthy.
Better be careful what you wish for. Ready and Cols. Academy are no slouch.Ironton will probably meet them meet one of them in RD 3 They might actually know how to tackle Carrico, around the ankles instead of trying to bring him down by his shoulder pads. Every highlight I've watched of Ironton it's amazing how these tacklers try to arm tackle him. He is way to strong for that.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

That’s the retort.Weak.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yep. That's all I've got.

Ironton hasn't played a team close to either one of them.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:02 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:09 pm Can’t wait till the Tigers wear out a team that the posters consider worthy.
Better be careful what you wish for. Ready and Cols. Academy are no slouch.Ironton will probably meet them meet one of them in RD 3 They might actually know how to tackle Carrico, around the ankles instead of trying to bring him down by his shoulder pads. Every highlight I've watched of Ironton it's amazing how these tacklers try to arm tackle him. He is way to strong for that.
Ive watched these two teams play. I think irontons line play will be the difference in these games. I think burg and ridgewood are the most dangerous teams in this region burg more because its a rivalry game and im sure theyd love to be the ones to send ironton home sure they would come out highly motivated

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Ironton comes out the 1 seed, RW 2 and Burg 3, Burg wouldn't be able to play Ironton until the regional final. They would have to get through RW first in the semi-final

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:00 pm If Ironton comes out the 1 seed, RW 2 and Burg 3, Burg wouldn't be able to play Ironton until the regional final. They would have to get through RW first in the semi-final
Looking at the state ap poll i feel like ironton might get the 1 seed they had the most 1st place votes besides kirtland and there 4 points ahead of everyone in the region even though points dont mean everything this year.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I just remember playoffs last season clearcreek dominates cols. Academy 41/10 and ironton fumbled literally 5 times maybe 6 and dominated clearcreek from start to finish 31/7

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:30 am Region 19
Predictions

1. Ironton
2. Ridgewood
3. Wheelersburg
4. Bishop Ready
5. Col Acad
6. Harvest Prep
7. Liberty Union
8. Wellston
9. Johnstown Monroe
10. Amanda Clearcreek
11. Minford
12. Portsmouth West
13. Oak Hill
14. Northwest
15. New Lexington
16. Coshocton
17. Westfall
18. Zane Trace
19. Chesapeake
20. Portsmouth
21. Meigs
22. Piketon
23. Morgan
24. South Point
25. Utica

So Rock Hill opted out and S.Point opted for the play offs? Wth?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:53 pm This Ironton weak schedule scenario is getting old.As the one brother said to his younger brother at the start of the Little Giants movie (great family movie by the way) me being real good,makes you look real bad. :)
Nobody has to make the ovc look real bad tho. Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton is the favorite to win this region. Ridgewood and burg will give them fits if they play. I think either team can win it but it’s irontons to lose. Columbus Academy and Harvest preps are dangerous though. They have athletes that can break off big plays.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:53 pm Ironton is the favorite to win this region. Ridgewood and burg will give them fits if they play. I think either team can win it but it’s irontons to lose. Columbus Academy and Harvest preps are dangerous though. They have athletes that can break off big plays.
Im currently watching bishop ready vs cols. Academy idk why you guys believe these teams are so dangerous i just dont see it.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

(Fortess obetz) yourube channel

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ready slightly better than academy from what ive seen by halftime

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:41 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:53 pm Ironton is the favorite to win this region. Ridgewood and burg will give them fits if they play. I think either team can win it but it’s irontons to lose. Columbus Academy and Harvest preps are dangerous though. They have athletes that can break off big plays.
Im currently watching bishop ready vs cols. Academy idk why you guys believe these teams are so dangerous i just dont see it.
Those two and HP are all pretty well-coached, and the level of competition they’ve played (compared to Ironton and Ridgewood’s slates) is pretty respectable. Doesn’t make them favorites to win the region, but they’re going to take complete games all around to put them away.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:51 pm
Those two and HP are all pretty well-coached, and the level of competition they’ve played (compared to Ironton and Ridgewood’s slates) is pretty respectable. Doesn’t make them favorites to win the region, but they’re going to take complete games all around to put them away.
Ready is more physical than academy watching them head to head but ironton schedule cant be that bad to be 1st by 4 points in the eitel ratings

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Readys qb is a good athlete though i will say that

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Taylormade wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:52 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:30 am Region 19
Predictions

1. Ironton
2. Ridgewood
3. Wheelersburg
4. Bishop Ready
5. Col Acad
6. Harvest Prep
7. Liberty Union
8. Wellston
9. Johnstown Monroe
10. Amanda Clearcreek
11. Minford
12. Portsmouth West
13. Oak Hill
14. Northwest
15. New Lexington
16. Coshocton
17. Westfall
18. Zane Trace
19. Chesapeake
20. Portsmouth
21. Meigs
22. Piketon
23. Morgan
24. South Point
25. Utica

So Rock Hill opted out and S.Point opted for the play offs? Wth?
Rock hill is division 6 this year

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:56 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:51 pm

Ready is more physical than academy watching them head to head but ironton schedule cant be that bad to be 1st by 4 points in the eitel ratings
Ready may be more physical, but they seem inconsistent. I don't get how they can beat Academy like they did but lose to Liberty Union and Harvest Prep, two teams that lost to Academy. Maybe it's a motivation thing, and they struggle to get fired up for some games more than others, just my guess.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:07 pm I wonder how much Clearcreek returns from last year
They weren’t bad last year.
Played IHS CLOSER than West Jeff.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:02 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:07 pm I wonder how much Clearcreek returns from last year
They weren’t bad last year.
Played IHS CLOSER than West Jeff.
Remember ironton lost 3 fumbled that game and had 2 more lots of penaltied also that game i know its part of the game but that was the reason for that score because irotnon was moving the ball pretty easy on them if i remember correctly i was at that game last year in jackson

Return to “Football”