Region 27

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Re: Region 27

Post by OvGuy »

The parity in this region is something to hang you’re hat on if you’re a fan of any of these teams or a fan of the region in general. With all the teams listed and I’ll include River in this discussion also because that’s who I see the most of in the last 10-15 years they have been pretty consistently competitive with everyone they come across. But anyone of NC, Danville, EK, Trimble, Shadyside and to a lesser extent Waterford, in my opinion, along with River if they have their best stretch of football in the playoffs they can all win the region at any year which is a welcomed sight. With that said as I said earlier with the tradition and schedule it’s hard not to assume that it’s always NC’s region to give away. Want to be the man you have to beat the man sort of vibe and not many from 27 have beaten them

Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

Muffler wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:35 pm Waterford wins Region 27 hands down.
Bold prediction,Trimble only played 2 good quarters against them at least 4TDs better,against Eastern played very bad.Trimble has yet to click being young has only played 4 good quarters all year watch out if they click and playing at home will help.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Lakers23 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:19 pm
Bold prediction,Trimble only played 2 good quarters against them at least 4TDs better,against Eastern played very bad.Trimble has yet to click being young has only played 4 good quarters all year watch out if they click and playing at home will help.
And Waterford played no good quarters against them , soo

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:53 pm
Ohh come on dude. Enough with excuses. Goodness gracious. You’re telling me Waterford had a chance to split the TVC Hocking title three ways with a win against Trimble and they didn’t put a single good quarter together? If you ain’t prepared for that type of game, why didn’t you just opt out of the playoffs and play a ten game season to be ready next year? Wow.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Ohh come on dude. Enough with excuses. Goodness gracious. You’re telling me Waterford had a chance to split the TVC Hocking title three ways with a win against Trimble and they didn’t put a single good quarter together? If you ain’t prepared for that type of game, why didn’t you just opt out of the playoffs and play a ten game season to be ready next year? Wow.
No excuse, we played bad.
Why is it ok for Trimble to say they only had to good quarters. But not ok for me to say Waterford played bad?

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:39 pm

Why is it ok for Trimble to say they only had to good quarters. But not ok for me to say Waterford played bad?

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

When you win a football game, you’re stating facts. You’ve already won the game, so why would you make excuses? When you lose a ball game, you’re making excuses of why you didn’t win.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:32 pm

When you win a football game, you’re stating facts. You’ve already won the game, so why would you make excuses? When you lose a ball game, you’re making excuses of why you didn’t win.
Fact is we lost to Trimble.
Fact is we didn't play well.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Stan Smith wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Fact is you should have opted out of the playoffs.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Teams always look like there playing bad when they are playing someone better than them.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

dilligaf wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:57 pm Teams always look like there playing bad when they are playing someone better than them.
I agree

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:47 pm

Why?

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

Have to admit, lol a little. Nice, bro.

HockingportHooker
Waterboy

Post by HockingportHooker »

Eastern is my pick to beat Trimble second then around and win R27

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

As a lifelong Caldwell fan I can say that watching a competitive football team this year (even though it’s not been in person) has been nice. I think they have something like 12-13 seniors and a few good sophomores. Saying that, I still don’t think we’re in the upper echelon of the region. We were really good 5 years ago, this team is nowhere near that. I know we’ve beaten 3 teams with really solid records but none of those three teams have beaten anyone any good at all so I’ll refrain from judging until this all shakes out. I mentioned some common opponents, we squeezed one out at Monroe and they were taken to the woodshed by River. River lost to Shadyside. I believe those to be two of the top teams. Trimble gets the nod based on program even though I believe they’re considerably weaker than previous years. East Knox/Danville both appear to be solid. Newark Catholic is kind of a different animal in this region. They play against much bigger schools weekly and have the benefit of drawing kids from a slightly larger area. I think back to I believe 2005 when Caldwell hosted them in a first rd playoff game at the fairgrounds and took an absolute beating from them. I’d not want to play them until I absolutely had to.

HockingportHooker
Waterboy

Post by HockingportHooker »

redskinwitness wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:30 pm As a lifelong Caldwell fan I can say that watching a competitive football team this year (even though it’s not been in person) has been nice. I think they have something like 12-13 seniors and a few good sophomores. Saying that, I still don’t think we’re in the upper echelon of the region. We were really good 5 years ago, this team is nowhere near that. I know we’ve beaten 3 teams with really solid records but none of those three teams have beaten anyone any good at all so I’ll refrain from judging until this all shakes out. I mentioned some common opponents, we squeezed one out at Monroe and they were taken to the woodshed by River. River lost to Shadyside. I believe those to be two of the top teams. Trimble gets the nod based on program even though I believe they’re considerably weaker than previous years. East Knox/Danville both appear to be solid. Newark Catholic is kind of a different animal in this region. They play against much bigger schools weekly and have the benefit of drawing kids from a slightly larger area. I think back to I believe 2005 when Caldwell hosted them in a first rd playoff game at the fairgrounds and took an absolute beating from them. I’d not want to play them until I absolutely had to.
Same goes for everyone.

Take Trimble for example. Good? Yes. But if this years trimble team played in the same league 3-5 years ago, they’re middle of the pack.
Eastern. Back to back playoff teams. That’s a little but of them getting better and a whole lot to do with the league getting worse.
R27 football is not what it was just a few years ago talent wise, but it’s a lot more fun now that more teams are able to compete

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Stan Smith wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:11 am

Why?
Well, let’s see. The only teams you have beat have a combined record of 3-15. If you can’t compete in the TVC-Hocking, what makes you think you can compete in Region 27?

Cowpatty69
Waterboy

Post by Cowpatty69 »

Prediction River will absolutely wax Waterford. It’s going to be Trimble and Newark also shadyside and River in the regional semifinals.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:25 pm

Why?
Well, let’s see. The only teams you have beat have a combined record of 3-15. If you can’t compete in the TVC-Hocking, what makes you think you can compete in Region 27?
You've just reached clown status

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Stan Smith wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:40 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:25 pm

Why?
You've just reached clown status
Clown status for stating facts that you can’t handle? Trust me, I won’t lose sleep over it :lol:

Return to “Football”