D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:20 am From what I’ve seen after watching both teams multiple times, as long as Ironton plays to their ability, they should win this game. Versailles got in a 14-0 deficit and gave up some big plays and only lost by 3. I do not see Ironton giving up as many big plays as Versailles did. Kiner was 21 carries for 211 yards but 80 of those came on a play early in the first and 43 on another play in the first. Take away those 2 big plays and Kiner only got 88 yards the rest of the game. Once Versailles settled in on Kiner, they was out playing them. Versailles caused 5 fumbles, all of which Bacon recovered, and Bacon couldn’t field the onside kick at the end and it bounced around and somehow Bacon ended up with it regardless. It was just Bacons night that night or they lose that game. I think their time ends Saturday
Lol. That’s the problem. You can’t take those runs away because he makes those runs. Ironton needs to have ball control like they did in the second half of ridgewood and they should be fine. I have to believe that roger bacon is not as good as ridgewood on defense but I believe their offense will be. So that plays into irontons strength.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:19 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:20 am From what I’ve seen after watching both teams multiple times, as long as Ironton plays to their ability, they should win this game. Versailles got in a 14-0 deficit and gave up some big plays and only lost by 3. I do not see Ironton giving up as many big plays as Versailles did. Kiner was 21 carries for 211 yards but 80 of those came on a play early in the first and 43 on another play in the first. Take away those 2 big plays and Kiner only got 88 yards the rest of the game. Once Versailles settled in on Kiner, they was out playing them. Versailles caused 5 fumbles, all of which Bacon recovered, and Bacon couldn’t field the onside kick at the end and it bounced around and somehow Bacon ended up with it regardless. It was just Bacons night that night or they lose that game. I think their time ends Saturday
Lol. That’s the problem. You can’t take those runs away because he makes those runs. Ironton needs to have ball control like they did in the second half of ridgewood and they should be fine. I have to believe that roger bacon is not as good as ridgewood on defense but I believe their offense will be. So that plays into irontons strength.
Yeah you can’t take those 2 away but my point is, once Versailles caught onto the game plan midway through the first and settled in on Kiner, he never got anymore of those runs. So he is containable. I think Ironton, and most would agree, is a better team than Versailles. If they could contain him, score, and come back from 14 down, I’m pretty sure Ironton can contain him and not have to come from 14 behind. You overlooked my whole point just to throw in the “lol” lol. But you are right about the defense. Woods defense is way better
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Couple videos on Roger Bacon on YouTube. They didn't look to have much size

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:40 pm Couple videos on Roger Bacon on YouTube. They didn't look to have much size
Yeah I’ve played that game before. They don’t look big until you get upon them then you’re like holy cow! But you’re right, most teams won’t have a team size to match irontons

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I will take Ironton - fundamental and well-coached, physical, and athletic. Like their defense in this match-up, and I think they can score just enough to win. 10-14 point game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Unless I'm completely fooled by the last few games I've watched of Bacon on video on their website Ironton should win easily. Too many penalties, qb can't run and misses a LOT of easy passes and Kiner IS their offense. Their defense creates some turnovers but nowhere near Ridgewood's physicality and toughness. Their other best weapon is the punter who pinned quite a few down inside the redzone. Ironton 28 - Spartans 7

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:18 pm Unless I'm completely fooled by the last few games I've watched of Bacon on video on their website Ironton should win easily. Too many penalties, qb can't run and misses a LOT of easy passes and Kiner IS their offense. Their defense creates some turnovers but nowhere near Ridgewood's physicality and toughness. Their other best weapon is the punter who pinned quite a few down inside the redzone. Ironton 28 - Spartans 7
I agree here. It took Versailles half the first quarter to figure out the game plan and adjust, but once they did and keyed in on Kiner, they held them to 14 points for almost 3 1/2 quarters until the late field goal and Kiner to 88 yards. I like Ironton in this much easier than their last 2 games

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like Roger Bacon is considered the home team according to OHSAA web site.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:22 pm Looks like Roger Bacon is considered the home team according to OHSAA web site.
Ugh. Nice field but has the dreaded track around it.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironton is hungry for Canton...Spartans are up next.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:03 pm Ironton is hungry for Canton...Spartans are up next.....
I hope not too hungry for Canton, they will starve. It’s being held on the southeast side of Columbus but I agree with the latter statement

6O HORN3TS 🐝
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:09 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:03 pm Ironton is hungry for Canton...Spartans are up next.....
I hope not too hungry for Canton, they will starve. It’s being held on the southeast side of Columbus but I agree with the latter statement

Figure of speech lol.

Been saying that phrase since week 1 in their threads. Figured I better follow suite for the state-semis.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:21 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:09 pm

Figure of speech lol.

Been saying that phrase since week 1 in their threads. Figured I better follow suite for the state-semis.
Lol well I guess it’s been working. They are still in it. Good luck to your team

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:49 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:22 pm Looks like Roger Bacon is considered the home team according to OHSAA web site.
Yeah, hate the Tracks around the field.

I saw your post on Yappi, Trevor Carter is a Sophomore and has offers from Arkansas, West Virginia, Pitt, Cincinnati and Toledo so far. He’s ranked #75 Nationally by 247 Sports in his class.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Good luck to the tigers. What’s really impressed me the last few weeks is the younger kids. Carrico is the man but seems like as teams key in him other kids have stepped up. #2 can flat run the ball and the sophomore qb is doing a excellent job in his first year starting.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:26 pm

I saw your post on Yappi, Trevor Carter is a Sophomore and has offers from Arkansas, West Virginia, Pitt, Cincinnati and Toledo so far. He’s ranked #75 Nationally by 247 Sports in his class.
Still don’t think he’s in carricos arena. He may get there but right now I think he’s a bit behind

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Still don’t think he’s in carricos arena. He may get there but right now I think he’s a bit behind
Yeah, He’s got a couple years to catch up to where Reid is now. I’d say he’ll grow a bit too with his workout ethic, Reid has made a big impact on what this Team does whether on the field or weight room.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Ironton wins 13-7

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Carter has one thing going for him that Carrico didn’t at his age, he gets to work with and learn from Carrico for 2 years before becoming just a junior. Carter also has 2 years to grow. He’s listed at 6’2” 195 and I’d say he’s every bit of that now. He’s certainly not Carrico just yet, but he’d start at RB on every other team in the area as a sophomore.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 pm

Carter has one thing going for him that Carrico didn’t at his age, he gets to work with and learn from Carrico for 2 years before becoming just a junior. Carter also has 2 years to grow. He’s listed at 6’2” 195 and I’d say he’s every bit of that now. He’s certainly not Carrico just yet, but he’d start at RB on every other team in the area as a sophomore.
We don’t have a Carrico, or a Carter either sounds like. We love our Sullivan brothers though. Mason FB and Gage WR. Keep Carter in the weight room and he will do just fine. Strength/conditioning is #1. Our D line was inexperienced at the start of the season but they were in the weight room the very next morning after last year’s championship game with no days off

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”