Ironton v Burg 2020

SpeedKillz

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:58 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:55 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:51 pm

Who have they brought in? I’ll give you Lowery but I think he chose to come to Burg on his own. Portsmouth was going nowhere in football and Lowery decided to leave. Hell, he was the starting QB as a Sophomore but the kid was smart and didn’t want to get killed playing at Portsmouth. Smart move by him.
Every kid who transfers anywhere makes the decision to.

Maybe ironton is a more desired destination for talent?

Seems to me thats Burgs fault though. Not Irontons.
Perhaps. Time will tell.
Maybe its time for a youth movement at Burg ( staff)?

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

What has burg's competitive balance number been in DV? Look no further than the competitive balance number to find your answer. Wasn't it last year Burg was the absolute highest in the State for a DV-public school?

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm Shoot Portsmouth is 1-0 and got 2 transfers. The maxie kid from burg and Duncan from valley. It’s about time we get kids lol. I’d brag If 36 of them transferred to Portsmouth. It’s about time Portsmouth gets kid coming and not leaving.
Sounds like Portsmouth is out recruiting Burg too then. 😂
Haha. It’s something we are not used to in Portsmouth. When someone told me we had kids transfer my response was wait what. The Sanderlin kid moved there too but just playing basketball.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Enough with the recruiting complaints. Why don’t someone grow some balls and turn them in to the OHSAA.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:00 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm Shoot Portsmouth is 1-0 and got 2 transfers. The maxie kid from burg and Duncan from valley. It’s about time we get kids lol. I’d brag If 36 of them transferred to Portsmouth. It’s about time Portsmouth gets kid coming and not leaving.
Sounds like Portsmouth is out recruiting Burg too then. 😂
Haha. It’s something we are not used to in Portsmouth. When someone told me we had kids transfer my response was wait what. The Sanderlin kid moved there too but just playing basketball.
I'd like to see an awakened Trojan explosion. Thats good for football in that area.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I will say this. As good as ironton is. Burg played like burg. And if burg can not give up 4 turnovers, then this game is a little different on the score board. Despite the transfers

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:02 pm Enough with the recruiting complaints. Why don’t someone grow some balls and turn them in to the OHSAA.
It's b/c they probably get around 200-a week from Jack-a-loons like yourself.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:02 pm Enough with the recruiting complaints. Why don’t someone grow some balls and turn them in to the OHSAA.
They have but It’s hard to penalize them when they confide within the rules.

It just elevates their level of talent. Not recognizing it as a difference maker is my argument. They are winning and incredibly increase their chance of winning with who they get.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:59 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:50 pm Ironton is only doing what Burg does (and has done for many years) but on a much higher level…. Are they dirtier about it? I don’t know, probably. But they’re just playing “the game” better than what Burg is these days.

What’s funny is Ironton just got back to dominating this game in the last two meetings, when the new staff was bringing 5-6 players to fill out his team. Before 2019 Burg owned Ironton from I believe 2013 until 2018. Burg didn’t bring in any players during that timeframe. I don’t count Lowery because he came to Burg on his own.

Take away the players Ironton has brought in over the last three years and they are mediocre at best.

You’re literally making our point for us. Lowery “came on his own.” You’re also referencing how it was a “better opportunity” than his previous school (Portsmouth)

Do you not think Ironton is a better opportunity for the transfers they’ve received? Do you not think that just maybe the parents and kids transferring in realize it’s a much better opportunity to get recognized as well as possibly win a state title?

Like I said….. it’s foolish to be mad at Ironton for doing it BETTER than Wheelersburg lately.

Yeah, Lowery chose to come to Burg. He wasn’t recruited there as you all keep saying.Case in point with Ironton. Raceland makes the state championship game in football in 2017. Two of those players were recruited from ver to Ironton for the 2018 season and I know for a fact the Raceland coach was livid and wondered why they would leave his program. They were both what he was going to build his team around. Last I had heard he was filing a complaint but must have changed his mind as nothing was done.

My point is that Ironton is somehow getting kids to leave strong programs which I find very odd.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:04 pm
It's b/c they probably get around 200-a week from Jack-a-loons like yourself.
😂😂😂

tigergrad95
Waterboy

Post by tigergrad95 »

How about just kids from Ironton going to burg. I know a few. Stamper, Wilson, in softball Klaiber and if not mistaken Long did for a year then went to Ashland. All of these transfers were in their high school years.

Kids have their reasons and some are trying to better themselves

Both schools have had their share of transfers over the years.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

tigergrad95 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:13 pm How about just kids from Ironton going to burg. I know a few. Stamper, Wilson, in softball Klaiber and if not mistaken Long did for a year then went to Ashland. All of these transfers were in their high school years.

Ironton and burg have always had those. Heck you got a west side burg kid now.

This is totally different man. Own it.
Last edited by wobycat on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:00 pm What has burg's competitive balance number been in DV? Look no further than the competitive balance number to find your answer. Wasn't it last year Burg was the absolute highest in the State for a DV-public school?

Once again the effing competitive balance number. Burg has a lot of kids that live right outside of the school district so they are considered open enrollment.

Why can’t you fools get it into your heads that Burg is not bringing in 5-6 players a year to add to their roster? Ironton has literally done that the last 3 years.

SMDFH!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I thought this would be closer

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

tigergrad95 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:13 pm How about just kids from Ironton going to burg. I know a few. Stamper, Wilson, in softball Klaiber and if not mistaken Long did for a year then went to Ashland. All of these transfers were in their high school years.

Really!!! Leaving Ironton for Burg to better themselves?? I find that hard to believe

My guess is those kids left for some other reason

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:18 pm I thought this would be closer
It was. Burg turned the ball over four times. Twice offensively with them inside the 5. And once deep inside ironton territory. Two led to easy scores.

Ironton played the better game don’t get me wrong but burg didn’t help their cause at all.
Last edited by wobycat on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton v Burg 2020

^ The excuse you have doesn't matter! The competitive balance number is what it is for a reason. Does the OHSAA buy your argument that these kids "live just kinda outside the district?" Guess what? It doesn't matter. W'burg is one of the absolute highest for public schools in the entire state.
Last edited by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Why? Burg had no line coming back. A new QB. Missing the new QB that was supposed to start.
Missing a kid that is a big player at TE/LB

This game was about how I saw it playing out.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:22 pm
It was. Burg turned the ball over four times. Twice offensively with them inside the 5. And once deep inside ironton territory. Two led to easy scores.

Ironton played the better game don’t get me wrong but burg didn’t help their cause at all.

Running clock,missed it by that much

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:23 pm Why? Burg had no line coming back. A new QB. Missing the new QB that was supposed to start.
Missing a kid that is a big player at TE/LB

This game was about how I saw it playing out.
Ironton lost their OSU kid and Burg is always good

Return to “Football”