WK7 Gallia Academy - Coal Grove

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: WK7 Gallia Academy - Coal Grove

Post by Geronimo »

MR305 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:05 pm
Osugobucks2000 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:59 pm How convenient that they healed up this week, probably will have some more COVID issues ironton week.
There are legit issues within this program. Not dodging anyone dickhead.
That is one of the problems bad attitude at GA !!!

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

I'm curious what these rumors are about the GA program.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Gallipolis’ problems are the same problems they have been for years. Attitude at the core. Hard to accept that it is 1980-2000 anymore. School numbers probably close to half what they used to be. Far less than half the numbers coming out to play football. Bouncing from coach to coach, seeking an identity. And the big one….playing kids because of who their parents are or aren’t.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Nice night for a game.. we only dressed 22 players.. self discipline is totally lacking on this team. Way to many stupid penalties. Can't figure out our game strategy at times. Onside kicks and going for 2 pt conversions. Makes no sense to me... Loosing #77 didn't help but don't believe it affected the outcome... Hats off to coal Grove, they completely dominated up front. Wonder how many yards rushing they had? Believe they only threw 2 passes.. the one before halftime really hurt... We may only win one more game playing like this...

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

superblue wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:57 am Nice night for a game.. we only dressed 22 players.. self discipline is totally lacking on this team. Way to many stupid penalties. Can't figure out our game strategy at times. Onside kicks and going for 2 pt conversions. Makes no sense to me... Loosing #77 didn't help but don't believe it affected the outcome... Hats off to coal Grove, they completely dominated up front. Wonder how many yards rushing they had? Believe they only threw 2 passes.. the one before halftime really hurt... We may only win one more game playing like this...
AGREE

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:14 am I'm curious what these rumors are about the GA program.
I am hesitant to say what i have hear because the last rumor i posted made me look like a idiot. What i would say is none of the rumors are earth shattering that i have heard. Look at MR305 comments all year. He seems to have insight on what i am hearing. I can say i see this from everyone's point of view. And i understand why this would be a distraction. And i understand it has caused a disruption. And superblue your comment about coaches not being teachers at least not of high school i think has made the issue worse.

From a totally different angle it is 2014-2016 all over again exactly.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Have no issues with anything you posted... I have heard rumors just as you have. Most of them are private issues between coach, players and parents... Some of what I heard shouldn't be talked about on a football forum.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That's why next Head Coach will from the program or close to the program !!! They know who to keep happy. :roll:

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:33 pm That's why next Head Coach will from the program or close to the program !!! They know who to keep happy. :roll:
I have heard this for years. Not just in football.. Maybe some of it is true and just maybe the kids that are playing are the best kids..

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

superblue wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:07 pm
Geronimo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:33 pm That's why next Head Coach will from the program or close to the program !!! They know who to keep happy. :roll:
I have heard this for years. Not just in football.. Maybe some of it is true and just maybe the kids that are playing are the best kids..tell that to the unhappy parents !!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have no idea about that point of view. But if the last 12 to 13 years haven't proved anything else. It proves that whoever takes the job understand several things. 1st of which is unless you win a state championship your play calling and coaching will be questioned. 2ndly the community expects you and your team to be involved in the community and thirdly you either most have a huge personality or social media expertise to keep players and fans attentive on your program.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Those are pretty hefty goals. Doesn't matter who the coach is we will NEVER meet those goals..

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

One other thing keep the right ones happy ! Been around for along time.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

superblue wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:42 pm Those are pretty hefty goals. Doesn't matter who the coach is we will NEVER meet those goals..
Your right your not, but that is the expectation by many. So whoever takes the job should know that going in

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:45 pm One other thing keep the right ones happy ! Been around for along time.
I don't think that is really a problem nearly as much anymore as it used to be. I can tell you a lot of people that you used to have to make Happy no longer really have either left the community or they have passed away or they just don't have the power they used to have.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

If we get a new coach or we keep current coach in the future. Me and a lot of other parents, including several parents on current team will be glad that they had coach Penrod as a Coach. Playing on a football team and what it meant to be part of a team and to be taught that your priorities in life should always be in this order God, family and team(anything else you really enjoy doing) has helped both of my boys to be better husbands, fathers and members of their community.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I think Penrod is a good coach plays to win.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:52 pm
superblue wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:42 pm Those are pretty hefty goals. Doesn't matter who the coach is we will NEVER meet those goals..
Your right your not, but that is the expectation by many. So whoever takes the job should know that going in
These many people need to go see a d-4 State championship game. That should change there expectations real quick....

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

superblue wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:56 pm
svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:52 pm
These many people need to go see a d-4 State championship game. That should change there expectations real quick....
I agree but not quite sure you understand my intention. I dont think they expect Gallia academy to go win a state championship. My point i meant to make was people would second guess the play calling even when we are 10-0. so the coach just needs to expect that.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Sorry 83, I missed that point. Those Saturday morning QB will always be around....

Return to “Football”