South Point’s Maurice Long offered by Akron

Lefty47
Waterboy

South Point’s Maurice Long offered by Akron

Post by Lefty47 »

Congratulations Big Mo!…Just getting started!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: South Point’s Maurice Long offered by Akron

Post by noreply66 »

congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats. South point pushing out the D1’s. Nice

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Has he set up a recruiting visit to ironton yet?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Rock Hill has the top recruiting class in the OVC this year

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

How so?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Live look at Ironton's coaches about to type up their Facebook post to try and get him to Ironton

Watching SE Ohio basketball
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I watched that game online last year and didn’t recall anyone from SP with that kind of talent. Is this a new kid? The Ironton-SP score was like 38-0 at end of first Qtr. I didn’t see anyone in blue and gold that’s looked like they could have started for Ironton but I may be wrong about that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

There are High schools in our area that have d1 talent. Hard to believe I know, but it’s true.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

[media][/media]
wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:06 pm There are High schools in our area that have d1 talent. Hard to believe I know, but it’s true.
Woby,

When is Wheelersburg going to send someone someplace big. I know they seem to have a pipeline to Pikeville College but since they are always around the top as far as programs in this area. Seems like they would produce some D1 kids at some point 🤔

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:01 pm [media][/media]
wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:06 pm There are High schools in our area that have d1 talent. Hard to believe I know, but it’s true.
Woby,

When is Wheelersburg going to send someone someplace big. I know they seem to have a pipeline to Pikeville College but since they are always around the top as far as programs in this area. Seems like they would produce some D1 kids at some point 🤔
I suppose when they go to Lucasville and Mississippi to pick them up. Now south point as well. Burg has a d1 TE looking seriously at Marshall now. He’s a small d1 prospect. Hopefully that’s what he wants and it works out. Also there’s nothin wrong with pikeville college.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:38 pm
Woby,

I suppose when they go to Lucasville and Mississippi to pick them up. Now south point as well. Burg has a d1 TE looking seriously at Marshall now. He’s a small d1 prospect. Hopefully that’s what he wants and it works out. Also there’s nothin wrong with pikeville college.
Dude thinks he’s proving his point by spitting on Pikeville College without realizing he’s insulting every kid from Ironton that goes on to play college football at the non-D1 level.*

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:38 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:38 pm

Woby,

Dude thinks he’s proving his point by spitting on Pikeville College without realizing he’s insulting every kid from Ironton that goes on to play college football at the non-D1 level.*
Thank you art. D-1 isn't the end all be all. The main thing is education and it can be free below the D-1 level.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It's odd. Burg doesn't send out D-1 athletes on the regular but routinely beat schools in multiple sports that have kids go D-1.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

That's a great point Packer80. I believe that is called better coaching and preparation. There isn't a staff in the area that touches the Burg's coaching staff in just about any sport. That's why the Burg is pretty much always at the top.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Yh8awinner wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:28 pm That's a great point Packer80. I believe that is called better coaching and preparation. There isn't a staff in the area that touches the Burg's coaching staff in just about any sport. That's why the Burg is pretty much always at the top.
Agree but also burg gets tremendous support from community and the kids work their butts off. All those combined equals successful programs. Equals success in classroom as well

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

100% agree jtek. That's the norm in this town. Burg kids have always been known for believing in themselves on the field/court and the classroom. It's what's expected and they keep tradition alive here.

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

I got to see Maurice Long play in person. He has impressive size and strength. At 6’6 285 he
has the size coaches love and his frame looks like he could easily add 30 to 40 pounds to his frame

Congrats on the nice offer!

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

packers80 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:18 pm It's odd. Burg doesn't send out D-1 athletes on the regular but routinely beat schools in multiple sports that have kids go D-1.
I just saw where Braxton Sammons will be kicking for Murray State. That's a big deal

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Has Ironton offered yet? If not they need to get on it. Need some line next year. Would be a great addition with the Gallia kid

Return to “Football”