Eastern Meigs 7 - 34 Waterford 2022 Playoffs

McChicken
Riding the Bench

Re: Round 2 Waterford @ Eastern

Post by McChicken »

Waterford hasn't played a legitimate football game since the last Eastern game. Waterford came into that game with a big chip on its shoulder. Not sure the past few weeks have done the Wildcats any favors. If they don't bring their best, they could get beat quite easily. First match up means nothing. Revenge is a huge motivator.Waterford better be ready to play to win because Im sure Eastern hasn't forgotten the beating they took last time.

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

beg003 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:17 pm
Watertown wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:17 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:12 am Waterford can come join Twin State league with Fort Frye , Warren , Marietta and Point.
That would be a move in the right direction. Would like to see some real dominant teams in there though.
Define “dominant” for clarity’s sake. Not many teams in Waterford’s realistic playing range fit the bill.
Take a look at the schedule Lucas played this year. Would like to see something similar.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Watertown wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:40 pm

That would be a move in the right direction. Would like to see some real dominant teams in there though.
Define “dominant” for clarity’s sake. Not many teams in Waterford’s realistic playing range fit the bill.
Take a look at the schedule Lucas played this year. Would like to see something similar.
You are a idiot

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:09 pm
You are a idiot
Waterford might win one game with Lucas schedule be realistic were fine in the hocking

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Going independent sounds great until you put together a schedule with schools that are, on the whole, bigger than you. Ironton did it for years and FF has done it recently. Ironton is a top tier program in SE Ohio and FF has been consistently one of the best for the last several years. They could and can afford to do that, but FF has paid the injury price for doing it. Waterford is a very solid small school program for our area. However, they would struggle with an independent schedule where they are playing bigger schools that are even decent at football week in and week out from an injury and depth point of view. No disrespect to Waterford, I have nothing against them, but it's a big world outside the TVC Hocking.

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

beg003 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:29 pm
Going independent sounds great until you put together a schedule with schools that are, on the whole, bigger than you. Ironton did it for years and FF has done it recently. Ironton is a top tier program in SE Ohio and FF has been consistently one of the best for the last several years. They could and can afford to do that, but FF has paid the injury price for doing it. Waterford is a very solid small school program for our area. However, they would struggle with an independent schedule where they are playing bigger schools that are even decent at football week in and week out from an injury and depth point of view. No disrespect to Waterford, I have nothing against them, but it's a big world outside the TVC Hocking.
I’m not saying they have to go totally independent. But stop bragging and making fun of the Hocking teams we beat and pick up another top team or two for a start. Instead of belittling teams we beat go beat a really good team and act like it’s no big deal to beat the bad ones. But some on here can’t help themselves. That’s what Trimble did and now it’s coming back to bite them.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Watertown wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:42 pm

I’m not saying they have to go totally independent. But stop bragging and making fun of the Hocking teams we beat and pick up another top team or two for a start. Instead of belittling teams we beat go beat a really good team and act like it’s no big deal to beat the bad ones. But some on here can’t help themselves. That’s what Trimble did and now it’s coming back to bite them.
If you just mean scheduling up out of conference, then by all means go for it. I took it as you wanting to play nothing but bigger schools. Competing with and beating better teams out of conference would help add validity to a Hocking league schedule. I see your point now.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

beg003 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:56 pm
If you just mean scheduling up out of conference, then by all means go for it. I took it as you wanting to play nothing but bigger schools. Competing with and beating better teams out of conference would help add validity to a Hocking league schedule. I see your point now.
Nothing wrong with the schedule if williamstown is out try to add caldwell

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Who do you think should be on the schedule for the last several years we been going in 0-1 knowing we’re playing fort , willamstown a tough team , doaha a quality opponent , crooksville not as bad as there record there in a league to big for them

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:14 pm
Who do you think should be on the schedule for the last several years we been going in 0-1 knowing we’re playing fort , willamstown a tough team , doaha a quality opponent , crooksville not as bad as there record there in a league to big for them
Crooksville is awful.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Watertown wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:48 pm

Crooksville is awful.
Other than Waterford they are a div6 team playing mostly d4 teams . They should join the hocking they are not big enough to play a mvl schedule . I don’t think they are awful but out maned definitely

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:59 pm
Watertown wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:48 pm
Crooksville is awful.
Other than Waterford they are a div6 team playing mostly d4 teams . They should join the hocking they are not big enough to play a mvl schedule . I don’t think they are awful but out maned definitely
Pastuer has their schedule strength 22 out of 106 d6schools

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

You are killing me. Scheduling up was the right thing to do for Trimble. They will bounce back, that’s not a concern. Trimble has needed to strengthen their schedule for quite some time, they just picked a bad time to do it.
And before running down Trimble, you may want to recall the all time record between the two teams. Trimble leads Waterford 20-7 out scoring them 756-328.
Give credit where credit is due, Waterford has had some great recent years, including this one and I hope you guys make a run this year, but you can’t claim to be the juggernaut of the Hocking just yet.
………..stay humble

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Bring it home Wildcats!

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Waterford has won every TVC Hocking title for fall sports this year....boys and girls...Thats a juggarnaut

Bagger Vance
Riding the Bench

Post by Bagger Vance »

Chaw wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:14 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Waterford has won every TVC Hocking title for fall sports this year....boys and girls...Thats a juggarnaut
Incorrect. Trimble girls won the volleyball championship. Beat Waterford 3 times, both regular season games and again in tournament

Watertown
Waterboy

Post by Watertown »

Glousterite wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:58 pm
You are killing me. Scheduling up was the right thing to do for Trimble. They will bounce back, that’s not a concern. Trimble has needed to strengthen their schedule for quite some time, they just picked a bad time to do it.
And before running down Trimble, you may want to recall the all time record between the two teams. Trimble leads Waterford 20-7 out scoring them 756-328.
Give credit where credit is due, Waterford has had some great recent years, including this one and I hope you guys make a run this year, but you can’t claim to be the juggernaut of the Hocking just yet.
………..stay humble
You sound like those Eastern guys living in the past. You stick with that. It’s working well for you this year. Meanwhile Waterford is the CURRENT dominant program with the best coach and best current players as well as all the way down through the grades. Winning the Hocking will be a given. But let’s don’t be like Trimble and be satisfied so we don’t wait until it’s too late to beef up the schedule like they did. For you Trimble fans enjoy the extra weeks of basketball practice and will get with you in a few weeks.

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

touche'....i wasnt sure about the volleyball ...hence why i asked for correction

Chaw
Freshman Team

Post by Chaw »

Every non conference team Waterford played is div VI at least...our schedule is fine...other TVC teams need to step up their programs

hannancoach
JV Team

Re: Get READY! Here comes 27!

Post by hannancoach »

I smell revenge

Eastern 16
Waterfrod 13

Return to “Football”