Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

iplayfootball
Waterboy

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by iplayfootball »

fielddaddy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:43 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:02 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:34 am

Hall had two big runs and a TD in his first few Carrie’s then it was shut down city on him including a fumble.
Take those away he is looking at 75 yards for roughly a 3.5 carry or so.
Ironton made adjustments and shut hall down.
Oh so now we're taking away plays he made? Interesting I didn't realize we could do that in football but hey if that's what gets you to the we shut him down point have it. We all know it's not true, Kirtland 2 years in a row shutdown the rushing attack for the entire game, not a big run here or there entire game, that's shutting down.
I am saying Ironton made adjustments to shut Hsll down.
You tried to make it sound that Hall was unstoppable I’m not taking nothing away from the young man he is a tremendous Football player.
Yes Kirkland shut down Ironton’s running game 2 years in a row.
Kirkland is a tremendous football team.
How did Burg fair against Kirkland ???????
Oh that’s right Burg didn’t make it to the State Championship game 2 years in a row to get blasted by the best team in Div V those 2 years.
Win or not it’s still something to get that far.
Burg didn’t couldn’t get there Ironton did and did their best with a young coach only getting better every year with or without transfers like it or not.
with or without transfers? funny of you to think that they wouldn't be just like the 2018 team that went 6-5.
Pendleton changed Ironton because of his social media status and the ability he has to recruit , not because he is a great coach.
not taking him anything away from the guy , but he is not the best coach in the world, he just knows what he's doing when it comes to getting the best athletes.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:34 am

Hall had two big runs and a TD in his first few Carrie’s then it was shut down city on him including a fumble.
Take those away he is looking at 75 yards for roughly a 3.5 carry or so.
Ironton made adjustments and shut hall down.
Oh so now we're taking away plays he made? Interesting I didn't realize we could do that in football but hey if that's what gets you to the we shut him down point have it. We all know it's not true, Kirtland 2 years in a row shutdown the rushing attack for the entire game, not a big run here or there entire game, that's shutting down.
You tried to make it sound that Hall was unstoppable I’m not taking nothing away from the young man he is a tremendous Football player.
Oh that’s right Burg didn’t make it to the State Championship game 2 years in a row to get blasted by the best team in Div V those 2 years.
Burg didn’t couldn’t get there Ironton did and did their best with a young coach only getting better every year with or without transfers like it or not.
He’s not a burg fan.

And it’s been since coach’s first year since he didn’t have any transfers and he was 6-5. So jury out on that one. Plus burg won when they were at state. With one “transfer”

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

iplayfootball wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:58 am

with or without transfers? funny of you to think that they wouldn't be just like the 2018 team that went 6-5.
Pendleton changed Ironton because of his social media status and the ability he has to recruit , not because he is a great coach.
not taking him anything away from the guy , but he is not the best coach in the world, he just knows what he's doing when it comes to getting the best athletes.
Pendelton took over a team that only had about 30 kids on roster. He wasn’t hired til Middle of May in 2018. He then led our team to Wheelersburg after 2 months facing #1 team in state at that time and cut the deficit from year before in half. Ironton only had a handful of seniors if I recall on that team as well. He then almost beat Ashland a couple weeks later. He lost the final 2 games at end of year while leading. They were hit with Turnover bug in both games and lost. He then goes on to play the Johnstown who finishes the year as State runner-up and running clocked Wheelersburg later in the playoffs and Ironton got to the 1 yard line with 30 secs left in game to win it and Qb fumbled snap. I think it’s safe to say we’re very happy with who we have leading our program. The rest of SEO can’t stand it and I get it but they are going to have to get used to it. HYGT
Last edited by XandOs on Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:07 am

Pendelton took over a team that only had about 30 kids on roster. He wasn’t hired til Middle of May in 2018. He then led our team to Wheelersburg after 2 months facing #1 team in state at that time and cut the deficit from year before in half. Ironton only had a handful of seniors if I recall on that team as well. He then almost beat Ashland a couple weeks later. He lost the final 2 games at end of year while leading. They were hit with Turnover bug in both games and lost. He then goes on to play the Johnstown who finishes the year as State runner-up and running clocked Wheelersburg later in the playoffs and Ironton got to the 1 inch line with 30 secs left in game to win it and Qb fumbled snap. I think it’s safe to say we’re very happy with who we have leading our program. The rest of SEO can’t stand it and I get it but they are going to have to get used to it. HYGT
What happened last year against burg in playoffs?

He’s a good young coach. He’s done a great job of getting work out of kids but he’s been winning with extra help. Good players. Let’s see him a few years down the road. He’s got a great 8th and 9th grade class. Let’s see what he can do with those guys and no transfers. Maybe his first year was his best year coaching

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:12 am
Pendelton took over a team that only had about 30 kids on roster. He wasn’t hired til Middle of May in 2018. He then led our team to Wheelersburg after 2 months facing #1 team in state at that time and cut the deficit from year before in half. Ironton only had a handful of seniors if I recall on that team as well. He then almost beat Ashland a couple weeks later. He lost the final 2 games at end of year while leading. They were hit with Turnover bug in both games and lost. He then goes on to play the Johnstown who finishes the year as State runner-up and running clocked Wheelersburg later in the playoffs and Ironton got to the 1 inch line with 30 secs left in game to win it and Qb fumbled snap. I think it’s safe to say we’re very happy with who we have leading our program. The rest of SEO can’t stand it and I get it but they are going to have to get used to it. HYGT

He’s a good young coach. He’s done a great job of getting work out of kids but he’s been winning with extra help. Good players. Let’s see him a few years down the road. He’s got a great 8th and 9th grade class. Let’s see what he can do with those guys and no transfers. Maybe his first year was his best year coaching

May as well just bail out,you can't explain the obvious to the stupid

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton being good is good for the area. West being good is good for the area. But we’ve got to see improvement in all schools. If Ironton can be good without transfers, I think the ovc would improve because everyone wants to knock off the conference champ.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Does anyone know a team in the area that has ever denied a transfer player? lol

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:48 pm
frankie wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:43 pm
Pinwheel wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:38 am Rain will be done at 3 pm Friday,not an excuse like the old days when you had to play in mud and slop after rains.

Another reason today's kids are to soft
You must be speaking of your team, Ironton kids aren't soft.
Neither are the West boys.
mmmmmm they always were lol!!

iplayfootball
Waterboy

Post by iplayfootball »

after pendelton wins a championship he's off for a college team

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Pick any HS coach in Ohio first 5 years as a HC. I bet Pendelton resume stands up with anyone. Even the legend Coach Lutz. Pendelton first 5 years to date is better.

Just saw a post on Facebook.

Youngest Head coach to coach State Championship game

2 State championship appearances
2 regional championships
4 conference titles
1 AP State championship

53 wins.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:46 am Pick any HS coach in Ohio first 5 years as a HC. I bet Pendelton resume stands up with anyone. Even the legend Coach Lutz. Pendelton first 5 years to date is better.
Geez. I could coach those rosters bro. He should be winning. How many teams have one d1 let alone 3? Plus a go zillion transfers. I’d be ashamed if he didn’t win. I mean how hard do you have to game plan, when all you have to do is say run pitch right to carrico. Lol

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:46 am Pick any HS coach in Ohio first 5 years as a HC. I bet Pendelton resume stands up with anyone. Even the legend Coach Lutz. Pendelton first 5 years to date is better.

Just saw a post on Facebook.

Youngest Head coach to coach State Championship game

2 State championship appearances
2 regional championships
4 conference titles
1 AP State championship

53 wins.
What trophy do they give the AP champion? Does kirtland have some of those too? 😂 smh on Ironton fans.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

mustard wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:51 am
Geez. I could coach those rosters bro. He should be winning. How many teams have one d1 let alone 3? Plus a go zillion transfers. I’d be ashamed if he didn’t win. I mean how hard do you have to game plan, when all you have to do is say run pitch right to carrico. Lol
Same type of kids were at Ironton before and they weren’t going D1. Coach Lutz sent the occasional. I’ve heard some of you even say it’s the recruiting guys. Well don’t they represent kids from other schools in area as well. Doesn’t seem to be working for those kids. Wonder what the secret formula is? 😉

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

XandOs wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:54 am
Same type of kids were at Ironton before and they weren’t going D1. Coach Lutz sent the occasional. I’ve heard some of you even say it’s the recruiting guys. Well don’t they represent kids from other schools in area as well. Doesn’t seem to be working for those kids. Wonder what the secret formula is? 😉
:lol:

Secret Formular

1. Blow up social Media
2. Talk to kids at other schools
3. Go to their basketball games
4. Have a 247 recruiter on staff
5. have head coach be the AD
6. Find apartments for kids to live in
7. Embellish Preferred walk on

I don't know much about lutz, other than I heard he did the same thing, only on the down low. :lol: :lol:

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

mustard wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:00 pm

:lol:

Secret Formular

1. Blow up social Media
2. Talk to kids at other schools
3. Go to their basketball games
4. Have a 247 recruiter on staff
5. have head coach be the AD
6. Find apartments for kids to live in
7. Embellish Preferred walk on

I don't know much about lutz, other than I heard he did the same thing, only on the down low. :lol: :lol:
🤡🤡🤡

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Sounds like jealousy to me.

Explain how all that right there earns a D1 scholarship.

How many of these kids transferring in had any kind of an offer before Ironton. College coaches come to practices and workouts and games. They know the truth. You have a personal issue with a guy that’s done nothing but turn the Ironton program around and help kids get to college. You sir are a real winner.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:57 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:04 pm Well, it's a dream come true to me, one so wonderful that I had to come back out of retirement when I saw someone posting from West how FAST (Varoom! Beep Beep!) them Portsmouth West Siders are...and I just had to come back to say...

BEEP BEEP BABY! HERE COMES A SIDER!!

I'm really looking forward to this game! It's always fun to see my Fighting Tigers take on an unknown school and in ways, both are a mystery to the other as it's been so long since they've met. I don't know, I'm thinking maybe the first time I posted Beep Beep! here comes a Sider that our coach and his brother were probably playing? might have been before them...

I'm very tickled with the venue as well. Portsmouth has such a wonderful facility. I don't know who could complain about it being played there
Beep beep, talk about a throwback! The old jj puddle days. I think 2005 was the last time they played? I remember it being the ONN game of the week. Jered Pendleton was the running back at the time
I remember that game and I bet Coach Pendleton does too.
Go Tigers! 🐅

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:12 am

What happened is Ironton was down to a player who was a athlete not a QB and couldn’t pass.
Burg loaded the box smartly and forced Ironton to pass.
Results was several interceptions and that changed the game.
Don’t act like Burg beat Ironton at full strength
Get by Harvest Prep and Ironton gets by West.
Then see what the talk is.
So quit beating your chest on last year beating a QB 3 who was more a athlete than a passer.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

I am sure glad you get on here to defend him.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Only 2 days till the Fighting Tigers invade the Coliseum to play West.

Return to “Football”