Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton out of OVC in 2024.

Post by Outoftowner »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:35 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:13 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Is that what jackson is doing??
I mean Waverly has benefited from “transfers” so don’t be mad when Ironton does is better 🤷‍♂️
Oh of course, so has Burg, so has Jackson, just like your post you're not denying I won't deny it either. Heck we had a kid starting this year that lives in Jackson, couple from West. Not mad at Ironton at all it doesn't affect my world at all, I always just laugh when the Ironton faithful deny it doesn't affect their team and they would've been just as good without all of them. :lol:
Don’t recall reading anything from an Ironton poster here denying the positive benefits of the transfers. May have missed a thread or two.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Outoftowner wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:49 pm

I mean Waverly has benefited from “transfers” so don’t be mad when Ironton does is better 🤷‍♂️
Oh of course, so has Burg, so has Jackson, just like your post you're not denying I won't deny it either. Heck we had a kid starting this year that lives in Jackson, couple from West. Not mad at Ironton at all it doesn't affect my world at all, I always just laugh when the Ironton faithful deny it doesn't affect their team and they would've been just as good without all of them. :lol:
Don’t recall reading anything from an Ironton poster here denying the positive benefits of the transfers. May have missed a thread or two.
Yeah you've missed several over the years then

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Is that what jackson is doing??

None of us would be as good without them, most ironton fans know this.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:15 pm

Maybe Ironton and Jackson need them, but Burg won 1989 state championship with zero transfers. Won 2017 state title with just one transfer.

In the past 50 years, Burg probably has less than a dozen high school transfers.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

welcome to the OVC ohio valley chickens

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:11 am

Maybe Ironton and Jackson need them, but Burg won 1989 state championship with zero transfers. Won 2017 state title with just one transfer.

In the past 50 years, Burg probably has less than a dozen high school transfers.
Just stop , Burg gets a lot of “move ins” at a young age , plenty in baseball and softball. You’re in denial. Jackson don’t have a state championship, but Jackson had years and years of football tradition. Stop being holier than thou.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

this has nothing to do with transfers. it’s 2023. not 1980. transfers , money deals , etc are apart of modern day football. regardless how you feel about it. it’s part of todays football.

to me. from an outsider looking in.

it’s Ironton gettin to now three state runner up under pendleton? this about getting ironton the state trophy. pendleton had a vision when he took the Ironton job which if you recall when he did. was a total dumpster fire. didn’t he take the job in like June of 2018??? and I can’t imagine his ultimate goal was to put OVC titles in the trophy case.

jackson will NEVER run from Ironton. ever.

the Jackson /Ironton game in 2021 put #1 Top Play on ESPN and got a segment of college game day.

jackson ironton has kids at OSU WVU TCU and all levels in between transfers ?? 2023?? it’s laughable that people still get tore up about it.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

I don't mind transfers as long as its done legally. I think what most people have a problem with how those "transfers" are obtained. High school is not the place for recruiting and money deals?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:25 am

Just stop , Burg gets a lot of “move ins” at a young age , plenty in baseball and softball. You’re in denial. Jackson don’t have a state championship, but Jackson had years and years of football tradition. Stop being holier than thou.
Again, two state titles with only one transfer…

As for these “move ins”, which kids in football are you referring?

Are you also saying that a random first grader that moves to Burg and eventually plays football is the same as a star player in high school transferring to a school specifically for football? LMAO!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:26 am this has nothing to do with transfers. it’s 2023. not 1980. transfers , money deals , etc are apart of modern day football. regardless how you feel about it. it’s part of todays football.

it’s Ironton gettin to now three state runner up under pendleton? this about getting ironton the state trophy. pendleton had a vision when he took the Ironton job which if you recall when he did. was a total dumpster fire. didn’t he take the job in like June of 2018??? and I can’t imagine his ultimate goal was to put OVC titles in the trophy case.

the Jackson /Ironton game in 2021 put #1 Top Play on ESPN and got a segment of college game day.

jackson ironton has kids at OSU WVU TCU and all levels in between transfers ?? 2023?? it’s laughable that people still get tore up about it.
I have no problem with transfers. My only point is that a state title can be won without filling your team full of them. Wheelersburg has proven it, twice! Kirtland and the MAC schools have proven this many times over.

Ironton and Jackson fans seem to think it’s a must!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

eagle one wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:22 am welcome to the OVC ohio valley chickens
That’s a good one!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

And since you brought up baseball and softball, do you really know what you are talking about?

Burg’s first baseball title was full of kids that had been at Burg their entire lives. Same for the other two state titles.

Look at the names on the softball team that just won the state: Howard, Eaton, Boggs, Lang, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery…. Many names of the girls that won the softball little league World Series. Also names of families that go back multiple generations at Burg.

Many on this site falsely assume that Burg has built their success on transfers. They hear about one every few years and jump on that one as if it’s the norm. Reality is that it’s not.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

pistol wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:36 am I don't mind transfers as long as its done legally. I think what most people have a problem with how those "transfers" are obtained. High school is not the place for recruiting and money deals?

it’s not ???

Quinn Ewers got a MIlLION DOLLAR NIL deal as a
HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR
because he signed with TOSU and never walked into the staduim. transfered to Texas.

you can say. the high school level isn’t a place for money recruiting etc. and i agree with you. but NO MATTER WHAT WE FEEl. our feelings isn’t the way it’s done in 2023. now. if money isn’t enuff to persuade you to look at from a different angle. who in the h$LL are we to judge or decide what is best for another set of parents child ???

like i said. money. recruiting. NIL deals. transfers. it’s all apart of 2023 football. get with the times man.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:48 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:26 am this has nothing to do with transfers. it’s 2023. not 1980. transfers , money deals , etc are apart of modern day football. regardless how you feel about it. it’s part of todays football.

I have no problem with transfers. My only point is that a state title can be won without filling your team full of them. Wheelersburg has proven it, twice! Kirtland and the MAC schools have proven this many times over.

ironton and Jackson don’t think it’s a must.

these teams rosters are full of homegrown talent. these kids are coming at an early age. it’s hard to think the 5kids that moved to Jackson. to begin their playing days in the pee wee level are hardly called transfers when they are seniors. that those kids are split up between the 7/8th teams for the 2023 football seaosn. and have already played with the “new” team for 2/3yrs before they ever got into the big program ??? these kids are growing up here. and. all the one years that come. come on too. nothing makes a football team better then having to win a spot to be one of the 11 out there.
did you ever do what it took to be one of those 11?

the goals at Ironton and Jackson are not what they are 95% of the other SEO schools.

pendleton and Hall just do it the way it’s done in 2023. not 1980.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:24 am

these teams rosters are full of homegrown talent. these kids are coming at an early age. it’s hard to think the 5kids that moved to Jackson. to begin their playing days in the pee wee level are hardly called transfers when they are seniors. that those kids are split up between the 7/8th teams for the 2023 football seaosn. and have already played with the “new” team for 2/3yrs before they ever got into the big program ??? these kids are growing up here. and. all the one years that come. come on too. nothing makes a football team better then having to win a spot to be one of the 11 out there.

the goals at Ironton and Jackson are not what they are 95% of the other SEO schools.

:lol: Definitely. It shows that both coaches need them to win. :lol:

Average Players= Average Coach
Great Players = Great Coach

But feels good when you walk into the local barbershop.
Last edited by mustard on Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:45 am

Are you also saying that a random first grader that moves to Burg and eventually plays football is the same as a star player in high school transferring to a school specifically for football? LMAO!!
Just ask Green how many kids they lost over the years!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

osu 77 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:29 am

Just ask Green how many kids they lost over the years!
They had one leave in 1995. Came to burg as a senior. But very few have come to burg.

Green's current best running back started at Burg. Green probably gets more burg transfers than burg gets greens. Unless they start out at Burg.
or the kid lives in Patriot Ridge. most of those kids always go to burg. School is closer.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Give me some time, I’ll look up the CB numbers for those schools. That will paint a clearer picture.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

mustard wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:28 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:24 am

:lol: Definitely. It shows that both coaches need them to win. :lol:

Average Players= Average Coach
Great Players = Great Coach

But feels good when you walk into the local barbershop.

you are right. that’s never stopped.. we do still get free haircuts when we go in. and drinks bought at the bar.

unlike you. i’ll like your old school way of thinking and you have every right to think your way. but again. it’s not 1980. things are done differently here in 2023. in 1980. it was hard for you to think about kids transferring. kid getting a million dollar deal as a senior high school. the college transfer. coach prime coaching at a D1 power five school. ooo yes. in 1980. WTH is a power 5 school ?? ha.

as i’ve said. times change. the games changed. get with em.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:02 am

And since you brought up baseball and softball, do you really know what you are talking about?

Burg’s first baseball title was full of kids that had been at Burg their entire lives. Same for the other two state titles.

Look at the names on the softball team that just won the state: Howard, Eaton, Boggs, Lang, Skiver, Heimbach, Mowery…. Many names of the girls that won the softball little league World Series. Also names of families that go back multiple generations at Burg.

Many on this site falsely assume that Burg has built their success on transfers. They hear about one every few years and jump on that one as if it’s the norm. Reality is that it’s not.
How many transfers did Burg have in 2017?

Ohsaa has their CB number at 25 for that season. Way more than most public schools . 🤔

Return to “Football”