August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:55 pm Lattimore came for reasons that had nothing to do with football, we know this. He doesn’t count. Only Ironton transfers sorry recruits count.
You are 100 percent correct on lattimore

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Patterson transferred as an 8th grader. At what point are you not considered a “transfer” anymore?
wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:47 am
XandOs wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:36 am I’m waiting on the Wheelersburg fans to finally wake up and look in the mirror. It’s simple, Wheelersburg is being out worked and beat in every facet of the program by Ironton and Jackson right now. When is the fan base going to realize this. It’s been going on for 5 years now and the gap looks like it could be widening.
Wake me up when Ironton doesn’t get multiple transfers. You will see a difference. That’s why hart, Thacker, Pittman, copas, Patterson, Terry all start over Ironton kids.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:15 pm Patterson transferred as an 8th grader. At what point are you not considered a “transfer” anymore?
XandOs wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:36 am I’m waiting on the Wheelersburg fans to finally wake up and look in the mirror. It’s simple, Wheelersburg is being out worked and beat in every facet of the program by Ironton and Jackson right now. When is the fan base going to realize this. It’s been going on for 5 years now and the gap looks like it could be widening.
Wake me up when Ironton doesn’t get multiple transfers. You will see a difference. That’s why hart, Thacker, Pittman, copas, Patterson, Terry all start over Ironton kids.
Patterson played for Ironton in 8th grade?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

It depends on if your helmet is orange with a black stripe in the middle of white or orange with a white stripe in the middle of black.

One can transfer as a senior, be the best player, but it has nothing to do with football.

One can transfer in junior high, be the best player, and is a big time recruit.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

No he moved in during spring break. I had family who was one of his teachers in 8th grade. I confirmed this a while ago.
wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:19 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:15 pm Patterson transferred as an 8th grader. At what point are you not considered a “transfer” anymore?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:19 pm It depends on if your helmet is orange with a black stripe in the middle of white or orange with a white stripe in the middle of black.

One can transfer as a senior, be the best player, but it has nothing to do with football.

One can transfer in junior high, be the best player, and is a big time recruit.
That would be a reasonable argument if

a,
it was only one transfer, and not multiple per year and

b, it truly wasn’t because of football. Burg is glad to have him and he definitely makes them better but he’s not here because of it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:22 pm No he moved in during spring break. I had family who was one of his teachers in 8th grade. I confirmed this a while ago.

Oh ok so his first year was a 9th grader in high school at ironton. Good move to come in spring to be immediately eligible

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

But every kid who transfers to Ironton is strictly for football?

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

First year of an Ironton football player correct, but he was an 8th grade student before that.

But yes I agree, smart move by his parents to bring him early.

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:23 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:22 pm No he moved in during spring break. I had family who was one of his teachers in 8th grade. I confirmed this a while ago.

Oh ok so his first year was a 9th grader in high school at ironton. Good move to come in spring to be immediately eligible

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:24 pm But every kid who transfers to Ironton is strictly for football?
Possibly not but I would say 99% But do you know how many transfers Ironton has had in coach Pendleton tenure?

If I’m guessing, it’s got to be near 15 or more.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:27 pm
TigerBob wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:24 pm But every kid who transfers to Ironton is strictly for football?
Possibly not but I would say 99% But do you know how many transfers Ironton has had in coach Pendleton tenure?

The question is why are so many flocking to Ironton ?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

They are flocking because Ironton boosters are paying under the table. They are buying expensive cars, free housing and a food allotment. RME

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:30 pm

It’s been explained multiple times on here. He’s getting kids in because of college recruiting exposure. His job is coach and athletic director which allows him to do that. Not every district has that. Most coach and teach at the school and have families in th district.

But having that many come in start over ironton kids, gives him a distinct winning advantage in our area. His previous 3 teams were loaded. How could he not be successful?

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:38 pm

It’s been explained multiple times on here. He’s getting kids in because of college recruiting exposure. His job is coach and athletic director which allows him to do that. Not every district has that. Most coach and teach at the school and have families in th district.

But having that many come in start over ironton kids, gives him a distinct winning advantage in our area. His previous 3 teams were loaded. How could he not be successful?
If it’s not illegal I would say that’s what a successful coach would do . I think about all Seo if honest would love to have him coaching our teams

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

FIDO wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:35 pm They are flocking because Ironton boosters are paying under the table. They are buying expensive cars, free housing and a food allotment. RME
😂

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

He must have some connections too. Talent was even week 1, he out coached em

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

More transfer talk in the Ironton/Burg thread? Awesome! Riveting stuff.*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:51 pm More transfer talk in the Ironton/Burg thread? Awesome! Riveting stuff.*
Earth shattering, breaking news!! That's what this site is for though. Well thought out and articulate responses to the happenings on the local gridiron. I come here for all the developments, supported by overwhelming documention of one's postings.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:50 pm

Talent may have been even but experience was not on the offensive side of the ball and I believe that was the difference. Ironton skilled kids had more overall varsity experience at the QB, RB, and Receiver positions.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:46 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:50 pm

Talent may have been even but experience was not on the offensive side of the ball and I believe that was the difference. Ironton skilled kids had more overall varsity experience at the QB, RB, and Receiver positions.
I think Ironton made some great halftime adjustments on defense and Wheelersburg did not use their player’s correctly. The Portsmouth recruit needed a lot more touches. They will
play again.

Return to “Football”