DV R19

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: DV R19

Post by wobycat »

CrackBack46 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:37 pm Ironton should have blown out burg….

See how that works?…. You can say wtv you want doesn’t make it true…

You probably think Burg “should have” beat Jackson and HP also right?

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:50 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:59 pm

Is loosing at Harvest Prep any better than loosing at Ironton?

Who said they would lose at Ironton? Burg should have won the first meeting up there and i bet Ironton hopes the game is up there but I think Burg can surprise some people if they do play again.
The actual way to say it is burg could of beat both Ironton and Jackson but they made too many mistakes to do that. Prep out played burg and I don’t think they could of beat prep that night. Although I think burg is capable of beating prep but on that night they weren’t.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

osu 77 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:09 am I am not for 16 teams making the playoffs.
It's not my favorite either but ehh change is inevitable. It'll change again eventually. I'm just gonna enjoy more games while it is how it is presently. Early ones are often blowouts but a big upset story will eventually happen too. Is what it is.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

On paper = Ironton and Prep then everybody else.

In real life: Anybodys to win.

Anything can happen at this level in real life. Momentum takes a sudden swing. Couple kids or a coach blink when the pressure hits and an underdog pulls off a win. Not much margin for error practically speaking. The talented teams have to execute to win in most cases even with a talent edge. Nothing easy. Gotta do ya jobs.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:13 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:37 pm Ironton should have blown out burg….

Who said they would lose at Ironton? Burg should have won the first meeting up there and i bet Ironton hopes the game is up there but I think Burg can surprise some people if they do play again.
The actual way to say it is burg could of beat both Ironton and Jackson but they made too many mistakes to do that. Prep out played burg and I don’t think they could of beat prep that night. Although I think burg is capable of beating prep but on that night they weren’t.
Ironton Burg and Prep and even West and Fairland can all beat each other. End of the day its about execution. That's the difference.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

I haven't looked close at those rankings above yet but was just thinking a Burg Fairland game would be interesting this season.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Burg isn't built to beat Ironton or Prep the way they try to beat them. Burg needs to run it at Ironton. Try to really challenge and stress them up front on both sides. Use the three or so backs and the running qb and just run fresh legs at em all night and try to beat them at the Los instead of tryna to have a track meet with Irontons skill kids.

Same with Prep.

Run. Play solid D. Limit the pace. Use some Play action w ya young gun and I forget his name the tall quick twitch kid maybe a Lil WR/TE hybrid? He's talented. Game changer. - that's how u play Ironton and Prep if you are Wheelersburg.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:45 pm

Burg isn't built to beat Ironton or Prep the way they try to beat them. Burg needs to run it at Ironton. Try to really challenge and stress them up front on both sides. Use the three or so backs and the running qb and just run fresh legs at em all night and try to beat them at the Los instead of tryna to have a track meet with Irontons skill kids.

Same with Prep.

Run. Play solid D. Limit the pace. Use some Play action w ya young gun and I forget his name the tall quick twitch kid maybe a Lil WR/TE hybrid? He's talented. Game changer. - that's how u play Ironton and Prep if you are Wheelersburg.
Run north south. Run it at em

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Same with Prep.

Well said.

IHS and HP have the athletes to shutdown Burg’s spread.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Same with Prep.

& this year, Ironton has had a tendency to start slow offensively. A little shaky sometimes in early drives. They've played about 5 kids at Center so the continuity isn't there. Defensively be real aggressive with Ironton early. It's worth the risk.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:50 pm

Same with Prep.

& this year, Ironton has had a tendency to start slow offensively. A little shaky sometimes in early drives. They've played about 5 kids at Center so the continuity isn't there. Defensively be real aggressive with Ironton early. It's worth the risk.
I'm showing em every blitz package I have early. Real and fake lolol

Ball exchange is sketchy

Ironton o line has had its share of issues.
Last edited by Tri_State790 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:49 pm

Same with Prep.

Well said.

IHS and HP have the athletes to shutdown Burg’s spread.
Yup. So you hit em where u can match up. And you just out play em there.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Gallia Academy had moments where they were just gashing Irontons defense. Irontons o line struggled. And I am a born and bred Tiger. I'm just objective when I talk about football. I can compartmentalize. So I don't use my Fandom as an aspect of how I analyze what I see. It's not a factor.

Any of these 3 teams can beat one another on any given night. Burg would benefit by tweaking their approach vs both.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:37 pm

Ironton Burg and Prep and even West and Fairland can all beat each other. End of the day its about execution. That's the difference.
Curious as to the story of the game flow when ironton beat fairland? Tons of dragon turnovers or ? As you stated in another comment I think both the tigers and pirates can beat prep by running at them all night…as long as the types of runs are changed up. The first time Burg played prep we had early success bullying them with Glover but ran the same couple plays that they eventually adjusted to…no offensive success in the second half led to the defense being on the field way too often and their skilled qb and rb ended up breaking a couple to take the lead. Prep, in my opinion, doesn’t look as good this year. Step back at qb…he’s a good runner but unless he was just having an off night, isn’t nearly as effective throwing the ball as the kid that just graduated.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I certainly wouldn’t sleep on Heath or even Barnesville for that matter.

Heath, a 7-2 team, smacked around a really good Licking Valley team 46-17 and hung tough with an undefeated Granville team.

Barnesville is currently 9-0 and has just been taking care of business. Their strength of schedule isn’t the best but what have they done? Averaging 44.22 points per game while giving up an average of 5 points per game and have 4 shutouts so far.

West Muskingum is another really good team. They’re 9-1 and beat Fairland in the playoffs last year. Their RB is putting up huge numbers.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:29 pm
osu 77 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:09 am I am not for 16 teams making the playoffs.
It's not my favorite either but ehh change is inevitable. It'll change again eventually. I'm just gonna enjoy more games while it is how it is presently. Early ones are often blowouts but a big upset story will eventually happen too. Is what it is.
👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:35 pm On paper = Ironton and Prep then everybody else.

In real life: Anybodys to win.

Anything can happen at this level in real life. Momentum takes a sudden swing. Couple kids or a coach blink when the pressure hits and an underdog pulls off a win. Not much margin for error practically speaking. The talented teams have to execute to win in most cases even with a talent edge. Nothing easy. Gotta do ya jobs.
👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:59 pm Gallia Academy had moments where they were just gashing Irontons defense. Irontons o line struggled. And I am a born and bred Tiger. I'm just objective when I talk about football. I can compartmentalize. So I don't use my Fandom as an aspect of how I analyze what I see. It's not a factor.

Any of these 3 teams can beat one another on any given night. Burg would benefit by tweaking their approach vs both.
👍

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:01 am

Curious as to the story of the game flow when ironton beat fairland? Tons of dragon turnovers or ? As you stated in another comment I think both the tigers and pirates can beat prep by running at them all night…as long as the types of runs are changed up. The first time Burg played prep we had early success bullying them with Glover but ran the same couple plays that they eventually adjusted to…no offensive success in the second half led to the defense being on the field way too often and their skilled qb and rb ended up breaking a couple to take the lead. Prep, in my opinion, doesn’t look as good this year. Step back at qb…he’s a good runner but unless he was just having an off night, isn’t nearly as effective throwing the ball as the kid that just graduated.
In Burgs case: Ironton and Prep have a talent edge at the skill positions but in the trenches it's all pretty even. Burg matches up. So you simplify your approach/attack and kill them with repetition and discipline and fresh legs. Run it right at them and put duress on the line of scrimmage. Use the 3 to 4 RB rotation and the dual threat qb and the Trojans transfer as well and run, run, and run some more. Attack Ironton and Preps determination and will at the LOS. Mix it up with play action to the tall wr/te kid and Lattimore. Keep the pace slow. Keep Ironton and Preps offense off the field as much as possible and keep their defense out there as much as possible. Make Ironton and Prep play a slow, grind it out physical game.

And on defense especially against Ironton = be super aggressive w your blitz early cause Ironton starts slow, has no continuity at Center, qb1 has a history of putting the ball on the ground, and the ball exchanges especially early for Ironton is very unstable. Attack them.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:26 pm

In Burgs case: Ironton and Prep have a talent edge at the skill positions but in the trenches it's all pretty even. Burg matches up. So you simplify your approach/attack and kill them with repetition and discipline and fresh legs. Run it right at them and put duress on the line of scrimmage. Use the 3 to 4 RB rotation and the dual threat qb and the Trojans transfer as well and run, run, and run some more. Attack Ironton and Preps determination and will at the LOS. Mix it up with play action to the tall wr/te kid and Lattimore. Keep the pace slow. Keep Ironton and Preps offense off the field as much as possible and keep their defense out there as much as possible. Make Ironton and Prep play a slow, grind it out physical game.

And on defense especially against Ironton = be super aggressive w your blitz early cause Ironton starts slow, has no continuity at Center, qb1 has a history of putting the ball on the ground, and the ball exchanges especially early for Ironton is very unstable. Attack them.
Cabell Midland controlled the pace and the time of possession vs Ironton with two sets of legs. The QB and The rb. Burg doesn't have that talent that Midland has, BUT they can supplement that lack with depth and fresh legs which they do have.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:26 pm

👍

Return to “Football”