Re: Rival: Warren @ Marietta

Post by noreply66 »

28/24 Marietta

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Wildcatone
Riding the Bench

Post by Wildcatone »

Hoping Marietta can hold on to a late lead in a tight game for once.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Marietta wins 28-24 final

Wildcatone
Riding the Bench

Post by Wildcatone »

Way to go Tigers !

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Good game. Fumble call at the end of the first was huge.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Tough to see Warren lose another close one. Really felt like this could've been a 6-4 team. Learning how to win close games is part of the process. Can't wait to see them next year

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:31 pm Tough to see Warren lose another close one. Really felt like this could've been a 6-4 team. Learning how to win close games is part of the process. Can't wait to see them next year
Agreed. Had 3-4 games that could’ve easily gone the other way. They didn’t and so it is what it is. I believe next year will be our best team since 2020. We bring back 100% of offensive production and virtually all defensive pieces, plus get Hilverding back, all while adding an eighth grade class who went 7-1 with several of their best players out. There are very compelling reasons for optimism. But, that’s next year. Congrats to Marietta, go win a game in the playoffs.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

beg003 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:28 pm Good game. Fumble call at the end of the first was huge.
Nothing questionable about the call, the defender clearly jerked the ball away from the RB at the one yard line. Turnover was huge, not the call.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: October 20, 2023 Marietta 28 - 24 Warren

Post by mattash »

October 20, 2023 Marietta 28 - 24 Warren

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

mhs95_06 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:10 pm
beg003 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:28 pm Good game. Fumble call at the end of the first was huge.
Nothing questionable about the call, the defender clearly jerked the ball away from the RB at the one yard line. Turnover was huge, not the call.
WTAP cameras says otherwise.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:08 pm
boss8 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:31 pm
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:17 pm
Warren has a few weapons there self and that’s more then just two players !!
But according to you they don't even use their best player, right?
[/quote
He is making a difference on defense right now …
I gave you crap earlier in the week, but after watching the game last night (as a Tigers fan) I struggled to understand why your boy doesn’t get the majority of carries. He’s explosive, and 22 is not.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Marietta unofficially travels to Jackson next week. First matchup since the SEOAL.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Watched the replay on WTAP. Absolutely missed the call. Warren was robbed a TD, and impacted the final score. Disappointing.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:20 am
Watched the replay on WTAP. Absolutely missed the call. Warren was robbed a TD, and impacted the final score. Disappointing.

What’s disappointing is how Warren fans want to blame one play for losing a game. The game was still tied after that. Warren’s halftime speech must’ve been horrible because they came out in the 3rd and let Marietta drive straight down the field, then went 3 and out to have a long snap go over the head of the punter and give up another quick score. To me, that’s coaching and mindset. They let that fumble “play” affect the entire mindset of the team coming out in the 2nd half. By the time they refocused it was too late. It’s so bad that their head coach and players are posting pics and videos of the play on social media. Get over it! Maybe learn how to play defense and quit giving up an average of 28 points a game in your SIX losses. How many times in Warren history has a coach ended a game with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Stay classy Warren. There’s always next year!

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

boss8 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:01 am
Feedme#2WarrenFB wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:08 pm
boss8 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:31 pm

But according to you they don't even use their best player, right?
[/quote
He is making a difference on defense right now …
I gave you crap earlier in the week, but after watching the game last night (as a Tigers fan) I struggled to understand why your boy doesn’t get the majority of carries. He’s explosive, and 22 is not.
It’s fine Ive struggled myself! He had 1 carry last night and 1 catch and the KR for a TD !! I told my father in law on the series he came in if they keep him in they’ll win well he got one carry then took right back out and the drive ended in a FG ..
Last edited by Feedme#2WarrenFB on Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

It was nice to see a very competitive game to close the season. After watching blowouts every week on Friday Night Rival games covered by WCHS out of Charleston, a rivalry game in the rain is a good watch. The fumble before the half was a back breaker, and it seemed to take the wind out of the sails for the Warriors in the third quarter. As for the fumble itself, well, you can see what you want to see. There we multiple refs watching the play and they all saw the same thing. Really unfortunate that the game had to end like it did, the Warren coach is going to have to live with that the entire offseason. I went to a couple of Warren games last year, and there is definite improvement. Looking forward to what the future holds. And I agree with the comment above, #2 for Warren needs to see the ball more on offense.

While I appreciate WTAP doing their live broadcasts of HS football, I don't know what was going on with the main camera last night. The camera view was too limited, you could not even see all the players on the field. Looks like they had a high school intern filming the game last night. :o :shock: :D

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:56 am

What’s disappointing is how Warren fans want to blame one play for losing a game. The game was still tied after that. Warren’s halftime speech must’ve been horrible because they came out in the 3rd and let Marietta drive straight down the field, then went 3 and out to have a long snap go over the head of the punter and give up another quick score. To me, that’s coaching and mindset. They let that fumble “play” affect the entire mindset of the team coming out in the 2nd half. By the time they refocused it was too late. It’s so bad that their head coach and players are posting pics and videos of the play on social media. Get over it! Maybe learn how to play defense and quit giving up an average of 28 points a game in your SIX losses. How many times in Warren history has a coach ended a game with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Stay classy Warren. There’s always next year!
You may be the most miserable poster on this site lol. All you do is crap on warren. Even on forums that aren’t even about warren you somehow bring them up to diss them. Do something more productive than 24/7 crap on a bunch of HSers and coaches.

It’s clear that they didn’t play well enough to win in any of the phases of the game but taking a clear touchdown off the board is certainly a difference maker and would’ve been huge in this game. But boys gotta play better. Looking forward to next year already and hope we use this game to our advantage going forward. Got a lot to be proud of and a lot coming back next year.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Would you expect the coach to pat the officiating crew on the back and tell them what a great job they did when they took a TD off the board? While I do agree that referees are never the sole reason for a loss, a TD off the board in this game is huge. Fact of the matter is, they punted one time. Gotta be better situationally on defense.

UncleRico05
Waterboy

Post by UncleRico05 »

beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:38 am

Would you expect the coach to pat the officiating crew on the back and tell them what a great job they did when they took a TD off the board? While I do agree that referees are never the sole reason for a loss, a TD off the board in this game is huge. Fact of the matter is, they punted one time. Gotta be better situationally on defense.
Ironically that’s exactly what caused the penalty. Touching the referee. They frown on that kinda stuff.

Return to “Football”