Waverly(13) @ (38)Nelsonville-York

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Re: WK5 Waverly (4-0) @ Nelsonville-York (4-0)

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I can certainly understand why you would say that, but I would hardly say you dominated the line of scrimmage. What I saw was Nelsonville doing a great job of getting to the second level on their blocks, their receivers blocking like he@l on the outside, and their backs using great speed to get outside to the mismatches. We moved the ball well early, but when you have 5 turnovers, you're not going to beat many teams, especially a quality opponent like the Buckeyes.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

I seen both lines for ny kick butt all night long

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Buckeyes wanted this game more than the Tigers did.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

buckfan2016 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:21 am Yes running clock at the end of 3rd. NY was up 38-6. Would love to hear SMURRAYS thoughts. He always seems to be spot on with his view. Waverly will bounce back next week then set up the big showdown with the Burg in week 7.
I think I was spot on. Never predicted a winner or thumped a Waverly chest. I said it would be whichever lines controlled the line of scrimmage and turnovers. That was answered last night. Can't commit 5 turnovers in too many games and be successful. And it sounds like NY lines dominated.
Waverly will get back to work to get ready for an improved Valley team coming in for homecoming next week. All the Tigers can do is try to get to 5-1.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

turd ferguson wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm First off I dont see the kids picking Elvis so kick rocks.
Secondly Waverly is OVERRATED!!!! also if you blatantly rip a players helmet off and throw it you shoukd be ejected!!!!
Looks like Elvis stayed in the house...NY 38...Waverly 13....Will you be my Teddy Bear

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:39 pm My buddy Ground Buck told me tonight that he's staying off here for a while cause he says "too many of you are butt hurt about his prediction for tonight's game." But he wanted me to relay the message below:

Image :mrgreen:

WOO HOO GO BUCKEYES!
He might be fibbing to you :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Impressive win for the bucks! Good work!

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Kind of had a feeling this was gonna happen. Great win for NY!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Felt like it was one of those games where anything that could go wrong went wrong. Waverly scored first but TD called back because of a penalty. All the first half turnovers seem to deflate the Tigers. Another deep drive early on and an apparent first down on a nice pass and catch but ball comes lose at the last second. Just a tough night for Waverly.

Really impressed with Nelsonville's team speed. QB was spot on his passes and an elusive runner. Nice looking running backs. Darn good team!

Not many if any positives for Waverly in this one. Burn the tape and move on. Regroup and come out with a chip on your shoulder for next week. The Valley game will reveal a lot about the character of this team. Go Tigers!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

tough loss for the waverly tigers. I kinda seen this one coming. the buckeyes are real ballers. and playing very well. and have a very rich football tradition there as well as a state title.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:32 am
buckfan2016 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:21 am Yes running clock at the end of 3rd. NY was up 38-6. Would love to hear SMURRAYS thoughts. He always seems to be spot on with his view. Waverly will bounce back next week then set up the big showdown with the Burg in week 7.
I think I was spot on. Never predicted a winner or thumped a Waverly chest. I said it would be whichever lines controlled the line of scrimmage and turnovers. That was answered last night. Can't commit 5 turnovers in too many games and be successful. And it sounds like NY lines dominated.
Waverly will get back to work to get ready for an improved Valley team coming in for homecoming next week. All the Tigers can do is try to get to 5-1.
I wouldn’t say they dominated the line of scrimmage on offense. I don’t believe Howell was sacked any last night. 70 was well managed all night. The players from NY that deserve the most credit last night is there DB’s. They held Waverly’s WRs in check all night. They are speedy and fly to the ball. On defense Waverly just couldn’t tackle or cover their receivers.
I have to give credit to the Buckeyes. They were well prepared for this game. The coaches had a great game plan and they executed it.
The Tigers will have to regroup and try to fill some holes from injuries. Hopefully we didn’t loose Brion Peoples and can get Zack Brown back next week.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd say there is a very real chance the buckeyes head into the week 10 showdown with a much bigger Athens bulldog team. and I think the bucks go unscathed in the regular season and head into week 11 in top top gun seat in their region.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 am I'd say there is a very real chance the buckeyes head into the week 10 showdown with a much bigger Athens bulldog team. and I think the bucks go unscathed in the regular season and head into week 11 in top top gun seat in their region.
Sounds good..But Richards not looking at week 10..
Week 6 is all that matters. .keep grinding

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Waverly(13) @ (38)Nelsonville-York

Post by mattash »

Waverly(13) @ (38)Nelsonville-York

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sports-nut wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:11 am
smurray wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:32 am
I wouldn’t say they dominated the line of scrimmage on offense. I don’t believe Howell was sacked any last night. 70 was well managed all night. The players from NY that deserve the most credit last night is there DB’s. They held Waverly’s WRs in check all night. They are speedy and fly to the ball. On defense Waverly just couldn’t tackle or cover their receivers.
I have to give credit to the Buckeyes. They were well prepared for this game. The coaches had a great game plan and they executed it.
The Tigers will have to regroup and try to fill some holes from injuries. Hopefully we didn’t loose Brion Peoples and can get Zack Brown back next week.
Just going by what I heard on the radio and those who were there.
In regards to Peoples I heard we lost two starters for the year last night.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

70 was kept in check all night so what about 15?,3?,5?,9?,10?,6?, plus a few sophomores and even a freshmen lineman.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

I forgot 11 lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

05buckeye wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:26 pm 70 was kept in check all night so what about 15?,3?,5?,9?,10?,6?, plus a few sophomores and even a freshmen lineman.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

05buckeye wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:26 pm I forgot 11 lol
Something tells me they won't forget 11 :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Waverly brought a really nice sized crowd with them. The away bleachers were not at full capacity, but they had a lot of fans in them, especially when you consider this was a regular season game and the distance traveled by the school. Does Waverly traditionally travel like that or was it the hype of this particular game? The Tigers have a lot of fan support and I’m sure they will finish the season strong. Waverly needs to work on playing teams with a lot of speed, but if they get that figured out, look out for the Tigers come playoff time. Good luck the rest of the way!

Return to “Football”