Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

So basically around 40. Same talent pool. Conceeding the potential for them to be in better physical condition than the last 3 or 4 years prior - although we havent anything to actually measure that assertion by - I'm guessing 49- 6 Wheelersburg.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have no idea of the numbers out.but that helps considerably with depth, having the higher numbers. but I expect this team to come in better conditioned and more fundamentally sound. which should help some with lower numbers. if you are more physically fit it could offset the depth problem some unless serious injuries happen. in about 3 weeks we'll all know for sure how many, or how few there are out. some may have fallen out because the work was too hard, that would actually be a good thing. those that stay will be winners.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

gotta be tough to play this game

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I didn’t make it Saturday to passing tournament. The Mrs. had a ton of yard work to be done. A buddy of mine did say however that he counted 55 there total. I’m sure not all of them will make it from what I’m told coaches practices are tougher than even what Lutz and co. Put the Tigers through. I’ve heard from several people saying you got to come watch the intensity of practice and they don’t have pads on yet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that sounds great to me. it ain't meant to be easy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Tough is nuts !

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Bait , read his post shouldn't be hard to understand.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

12gauge wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:16 pm
Kicker. wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 am seeing people slandering burgs stadium, I think it's great, a nice football atmosphere, great scenery I like the locker rooms and the crows nest, imo one of my favorite stadiums around
I'm not slandering their stadium. In my opinion it's a bottle neck getting out of,as for the seating on the visitors side you have very little bleacher searing,yes I know you have the "grassy knolls" which is usually covered with people from the Burg,thus not enough seating. Everything else may be peachy. I'll listen on the headphones and take in another game,no biggie
Seating and parking at Ironton is the worse!! No visitors room at all and parking none streets only!! Unless u pay 5 bucks. Then u talk about bottle neck? Ironton has one way in and I’ve seen cars lined up the highway to get in to the game then leaving u should just wait 15-20 minutes to leave because u will at a stand still trying to get to 52. Unless u know Ironton one way streets to go down to the other exit, still 15-20 minutes. So before u put another teams place down, just look at ur own place!! These high schools are not colleges and don’t have acres of land to put parking unless ur A big school in the subburbs. Jackson is the only place I know that has what ya want but u still walk up hill.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

tigerfan98 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:15 am Ironton has the Ohio University parking lot, ironton high lot, and Central Christian with several different outs. Coal grove exit, Russell exit, 93 exit, truck stop exit. Burg stadium is awesome for Burg. Sucks for visitors. Not enough seats and concession is awful.
Wheelersburg has the parking where school once stood and new school parking lot and in between both also bottom of hill. Concession is just like Ironton endzone. Also if u know burg there are many ways out just like Ironton. 522 exit, Gallia, Webster exit, dogwood to 140, 335 etc. don’t get ur point!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

If the Ironton faithful were honest about football they knew soon after lutz left Ironton football did too!! I hate that they didn’t keep it going like the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. When you talked football everybody had Ironton in their sentence but now since lutz is gone the town is living in the years he coached. 90% of team were beat before Monday they played Ironton but now people are begging to get them on their schedule. I hope they make a comeback but I just don’t see it happening. Ironton had there 30 year run with lutz and it was fun and made southern Ohio look good but Wheelersburg has been that good too back in the late 70’s-present and no matter who coached the pirates they have been dominant!! I wish someone had the coaches from both school from lutz and Miller to now records, somebody? I think you would see burg never fell after coaching changes and Ironton did.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I believe it's safe to say that each stadium has it's plus and minuses depending on if you're the home team or not.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS...…..

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

So tough it s saying Ironton had 55 kids at the passing tournament?? So ironton has 55 skilled kids that’s amazing so they must have what 150 kids on their roster . Idiot

TCat
Riding the Bench

Post by TCat »

Probably would be easier if Tough asked his brother or counted them himself at practice

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

4th and iches wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:28 pm So tough it s saying Ironton had 55 kids at the passing tournament?? So ironton has 55 skilled kids that’s amazing so they must have what 150 kids on their roster . Idiot
Maybe he meant 55 was the total for all the teams attending

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14U wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:14 pm If the Ironton faithful were honest about football they knew soon after lutz left Ironton football did too!! I hate that they didn’t keep it going like the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. When you talked football everybody had Ironton in their sentence but now since lutz is gone the town is living in the years he coached. 90% of team were beat before Monday they played Ironton but now people are begging to get them on their schedule. I hope they make a comeback but I just don’t see it happening. Ironton had there 30 year run with lutz and it was fun and made southern Ohio look good but Wheelersburg has been that good too back in the late 70’s-present and no matter who coached the pirates they have been dominant!! I wish someone had the coaches from both school from lutz and Miller to now records, somebody? I think you would see burg never fell after coaching changes and Ironton did.
Gospel truth.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

14U wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:14 pm If the Ironton faithful were honest about football they knew soon after lutz left Ironton football did too!! I hate that they didn’t keep it going like the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. When you talked football everybody had Ironton in their sentence but now since lutz is gone the town is living in the years he coached. 90% of team were beat before Monday they played Ironton but now people are begging to get them on their schedule. I hope they make a comeback but I just don’t see it happening. Ironton had there 30 year run with lutz and it was fun and made southern Ohio look good but Wheelersburg has been that good too back in the late 70’s-present and no matter who coached the pirates they have been dominant!! I wish someone had the coaches from both school from lutz and Miller to now records, somebody? I think you would see burg never fell after coaching changes and Ironton did.
Please enlighten us, who's begging to get on the Fighting Tigers schedule? We've been playing the same out of Conference Teams for awhile now, all of which we've had a fairly long history with, Ashland, Russell and Wheelersburg. :roll:

14U
S

Post by 14U »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:37 am
Please enlighten us, who's begging to get on the Fighting Tigers schedule? We've been playing the same out of Conference Teams for awhile now, all of which we've had a fairly long history with, Ashland, Russell and Wheelersburg. :roll:

Sorry forgot you went to the OVC and do play those 3 that lutz beat yearly. What about now? Lutz played independent for years then played in a tough OKAC. Hey I traveled for years to watch Ironton and loved lutz way of coaching. I also watched him play some tough teams year in and year out that filled Tank with top teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:35 pm
Gospel truth.
listen I am not trying to start anything here. but comparing burg n ironton in the previous 40 years with coach lutz is apples and oranges. ironton was winning regions seemingly every other year. made 8 state championship games. I know burg is 2 for 2. and that in it's own right is amazing. but the gap between state game for burg from 1989 to 2017 shows how hard it is to even get there, much less win. ironton was there 8 times from 72-99, and have not been back since. so that's a tall task just getting there. amazingly burg has won both times they were there. but while burg was in the soc , ironton was in the seoal and okac and independent. the seoal was a beast with teams like Athens, logan, Jackson, gahs, Portsmouth, Zanesville, Marietta , and the like. the okac featured teams like Russell, Ashland, Portsmouth, boyd county, greenup county, ironton, and the like. tough but not as tough as the seoal. and their numerous years of independent play was a plethora of huge teams every year. the desales, wattersons, Hartley's, belfry's, burgs, cabell midland, capital, huntington high, and teams from cincy and the like. and I'm talking 6/7 teams like that a year. not to mention teams like that in the playoffs. I know burg is now scheduling similar. and it is paying big dividends. as witnessed by last years 15-0 run and a state championship. but ironton scheduled like that every year for 40 years. that was prior to the move to the ovc. which is basically a mirror image of the soc. not a knock on either, just a fact. and now the ovc has added Portsmouth, ironton, and gahs. so it's a tough league in it's own right for schools these size as is the soc. no private schools, no merged teams. but it is impossible to compare the 2 programs heads up and even playoff experience wise. the pirates were not nearly as prolific as the tigers during that 30 year run. but they certainly are now. and are beating the fighting tigers like a bass drum. but look a lil deeper before you belittle ironton or burg for that matter before you cast blame. and throw in a 64 game win streak on top of that. and all the players that went to D1 schools. it's hard to compare the 2, as fun as it seems to do so. ironton and burg have both definitely did a role reversal now. and I'm hoping some fresh leadership can turn things back around.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's the gospel truth I think.

Return to “Football”