Re: Coal Grove vs. Nelsonville-York @ Jackson

Post by NY BUCKS »

Thats ok bait..
But Buckeyes Get the W..

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

It's really amazing how these two teams seem to be exactly the same. Coal grove has a huge lineman that's a lot of fun to watch in Waulk #77. Coal grove also has a bruising Midde line backer in Baldwin that also plays fullback and has he speed to break big runs. Their tailback has state champion caliber speed, while the QB is the best all around arhelete on the team and makes huge plays when he needs to and can throw accurately all over the field. They also have what I think is the best receiver in the region in Angelo #1. He just does not drop a pass in his direction.. and there is also Jones #5 that is also a big play maker when the ball is thrown his direction.. then the dark horse of the group is #23 he showed up big last week. If the same Cg team shows up this week that did last weel, NY is gonna have their hands full.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Coal grove is going to have a hand full all night
Especially if yinger gets going if he dose CG Will
Be in chase mode all night

Hornet81
Waterboy

Post by Hornet81 »

I really like our bend don't break defense ... i'm going with my pick 23 -17 grove

One game at a time an speed kills 2017 OVC champs
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NY BUCKS wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 pm Thats ok bait..
But Buckeyes Get the W..
thanks man, I dig me some bucks too.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Totally agree that these teams are very similar. NY will have their hands full with all CG,s weapons. On the other hand the Buckeyes have many weapons as well, Maiden can hit any receiver anywhere on the field, also throws very well on the run. Wilburn and Yinger bring a nice variety to the backfield. Our receivers bring a ton of speed to the offense. On the defensive side the buckeyes are loaded as well. CG seems to be a very good football team. Should be a great game. Bring it home Bucks!

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

I keep seeing people mention something called the wheaties defense. Never heard of this. Must be a new innovation. Are there any clinics or coaching videos that you guys can recommend to help me learn this new scheme? We have our first league title in the seoal but I don’t want anyone sneaking up on us.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:36 am I really dig both these teams and will be pleased to see either move forward. but to my friends in buckeye land, please excuse me for rooting for our ovc beathren '' THE COAL GROVE HORNETS ============= ROLL COAL''
And to think I used to like you Tiger... LOL Go Buckeyes!!!!!

Beasts Member
Waterboy

Post by Beasts Member »

My head says NY but my heart says Coal Grove.

Gotta stick with the OVC .

Go Hornets !!!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 pm Totally agree that these teams are very similar. NY will have their hands full with all CG,s weapons. On the other hand the Buckeyes have many weapons as well, Maiden can hit any receiver anywhere on the field, also throws very well on the run. Wilburn and Yinger bring a nice variety to the backfield. Our receivers bring a ton of speed to the offense. On the defensive side the buckeyes are loaded as well. CG seems to be a very good football team. Should be a great game. Bring it home Bucks!
I know one thing that didn't work last week and that was the Designed run for the QB. Give it to your Studs Yinger and Wilburn. Maiden had a great night throwing I will give him that. But he couldn't get anything going against those boys from FF trying to run. I imagine with Coal Groves Studs it will be the same outcome if they try the QB designed runs. Just my Opinion.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

As much as I hate to shell out parking money twice in one year to Jackson, gotta go watch the Buckeyes win a Regional Championship. Very excited for their kids, the staff and parents. Repping the TVC Ohio well. 13-0 is pretty strong. Nice job. Good luck. And I will not forget about the double secret side entrance this week to get in without the wait.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm As much as I hate to shell out parking money twice in one year to Jackson, gotta go watch the Buckeyes win a Regional Championship. Very excited for their kids, the staff and parents. Repping the TVC Ohio well. 13-0 is pretty strong. Nice job. Good luck. And I will not forget about the double secret side entrance this week to get in without the wait.
It’s not a secret...it’s an entrance to a school. There are 2 of them just like virtually every other school in the United States.

Paintrain77
Waterboy

Post by Paintrain77 »

Cannot wait to see our hornets win the regional championship Friday nite and advance to the state semi finals.been a long time since we have made it that far but with the caliber of athletes coal Grove has getting to the state championship game should be a cake walk

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Paintrain77 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 pm Cannot wait to see our hornets win the regional championship Friday nite and advance to the state semi finals.been a long time since we have made it that far but with the caliber of athletes coal Grove has getting to the state championship game should be a cake walk
I know you're excited but at this stage of the game there will be no cake walks.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Anybody have the playoff histories of both teams?

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:05 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:51 pm Totally agree that these teams are very similar. NY will have their hands full with all CG,s weapons. On the other hand the Buckeyes have many weapons as well, Maiden can hit any receiver anywhere on the field, also throws very well on the run. Wilburn and Yinger bring a nice variety to the backfield. Our receivers bring a ton of speed to the offense. On the defensive side the buckeyes are loaded as well. CG seems to be a very good football team. Should be a great game. Bring it home Bucks!
I know one thing that didn't work last week and that was the Designed run for the QB. Give it to your Studs Yinger and Wilburn. Maiden had a great night throwing I will give him that. But he couldn't get anything going against those boys from FF trying to run. I imagine with Coal Groves Studs it will be the same outcome if they try the QB designed runs. Just my Opinion.
I agree, Maiden could not get much going on the run. Yinger and Wilburn will need a huge game, as I think Coal Groves defense will be more stout then FF, but Maiden has had a lot of success on the run this year. If he gets going it’s just another weapon for the Buckeyes to use.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Talking to some Shenandoah football players and they felt they were the better team week 11. Fort Frye totally destroyed Shenandoah running for over 300 yards. Just going by that I’ll take NY by 2 Tds.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 am Planning to catch this game Friday night, can someone get me little information on NY, type of offense run/pass ratio players to watch for?? Coal Grove same thing, thanks
Not sure about the offense and defense schemes. The players to Watch are my favorite big #70 Donovan McCollister. He is a monster Lineman on both sides of the Ball. The other players who you will hear over the Loudspeaker are #5 Ronnie Wend he is 2nd in the NATION in Tackles. #9 Garrett Maiden. Offensive player of the Year in the Southeast District. #15 Colt Yinger A bruising LB and Fullback also a State Finalist Wrestler already committed to Ohio University for Wrestling. #3 Keegan Wilburn a lightning fast tailback who can run and catch. #10 Jonathon Richards who doesn't get as many touches as he should from what I have seen cause he rarely Drops the ball when it is thrown to him-and he is also a Safety that covers really well. There are just too
Many to keep listing unless you want a Novel here. Oh yea there is the Snyder kid who is only A FRESHMAN and seems to be in on so many Plays. I could keep going but you get the Idea. Can't wait till Friday. GO BUCKS!!!
Thanks what style of offense do they run

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 am Planning to catch this game Friday night, can someone get me little information on NY, type of offense run/pass ratio players to watch for?? Coal Grove same thing, thanks
Not sure about the offense and defense schemes. The players to Watch are my favorite big #70 Donovan McCollister. He is a monster Lineman on both sides of the Ball. The other players who you will hear over the Loudspeaker are #5 Ronnie Wend he is 2nd in the NATION in Tackles. #9 Garrett Maiden. Offensive player of the Year in the Southeast District. #15 Colt Yinger A bruising LB and Fullback also a State Finalist Wrestler already committed to Ohio University for Wrestling. #3 Keegan Wilburn a lightning fast tailback who can run and catch. #10 Jonathon Richards who doesn't get as many touches as he should from what I have seen cause he rarely Drops the ball when it is thrown to him-and he is also a Safety that covers really well. There are just too
Many to keep listing unless you want a Novel here. Oh yea there is the Snyder kid who is only A FRESHMAN and seems to be in on so many Plays. I could keep going but you get the Idea. Can't wait till Friday. GO BUCKS!!!
As I stated in an above post. They will run a spread and line up in 2 back sets under center.
Depends on the defense.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:43 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm
As I stated in an above post. They will run a spread and line up in 2 back sets under center.
Depends on the defense.
Ny has many different offenseive sets it can run, with multiple weapons being utilized in each. Very versatile and very fast.

Return to “Football”